- Police responded to the 500 block of Jennings Avenue at 1:43 p.m. Friday where a resident reported someone had used her bank debit card for a $340 purchase at a local business.
- Joshua D. Gantz, 35, 32998 McKaig Road, Hanoverton, was cited for assured clear distance ahead following a two-vehicle crash on East State Street at 4:36 p.m. Friday in which he was westbound and allegedly failed to stop for traffic at Union Avenue, striking the rear of a vehicle driven by Ambrose Popa, 84, Salem. No injuries were reported.
- Police responded to a West State Street business at 7:17 p.m. Friday where a woman reported a man had purchased some items then dragged his young child out of the store screaming at him, then grabbed him by the neck and slammed him into the side of a truck before leaving. The man was found to live outside the city so officers advised the Mahoning County Sheriff's Office for a welfare check.
- Police responded to a domestic disturbance in the 1300 block of Fairview Avenue at 8:07 p.m. and found a verbal altercation between a husband and wife. The husband agreed to leave for the night.
- Police responded to the 1700 block of East State Street at 8:09 p.m. Friday where a woman reported someone had taken a temporary license plate from her vehicle between 5 and 8 p.m. that day.
- Police responded the 400 block of South Ellsworth Avenue at 8:52 p.m. Friday where a woman reported someone had taken items from her vehicle while it was parked behind the business. A surveillance camera revealed a male juvenile had committed the act.
- Eugene A, Pineda, 22, 375 W. Pershing St., Salem, was charged with operating a vehicle intoxicated, no operator's license and left of center following a two-vehicle crash on South Howard Street south of East State Street at 12:21 a.m. Saturday in which he was northbound and allegedly traveled left of center, striking a southbound vehicle driven by Kathryn J. Zeppernick, 18, Salem. Zeppernick was transported to the Salem hospital for evaluation.
- Clara L. Zwick, 61, 174 W. Fourth St., Salem, was arrested for operating a vehicle intoxicated following a traffic stop for a turn signal violation in the 1000 block of East Third Street at 1:58 a.m. Saturday.
- Brain D. Digman, 23, 285 W. Pershing St., Salem, was arrested at his home at 9:20 a.m. Saturday on an active warrant out of the Columbiana County Sheriff's Office for theft.
- Police to the 500 block of Washington Avenue at 9:22 a.m. Saturday where a resident reported his wife from whom he is separated had taken $65 from his wallet before leaving the home.
- Police responded to Waterworth Memorial Park at 11:14 a.m. Saturday in reference to juveniles involved in criminal damaging. The officer spoke with the juveniles and made them clean up their mess.
- A West Pidgeon Road resident reported at 1:28 p.m. Saturday that someone had taken a bottle of prescription pills from his vehicle parked at a 2500 East State Street business the previous day.
- A golf cart from Columbiana High School was reported at 11:12 a.m. Friday driving down Pittsburgh Street backing up traffic. An officer spotted the cart and notified the driver of the complaint.
- A woman was reported at 3:17 p.m. Friday looking in people's vehicles behind the Dutch Village Inn.
- Alice Hill, Dresden Road, East Liverpool, requested assistance at 4:29 p.m. Friday during a child exchange at Heck Road.
- A rental dispute was reported at 7:27 p.m. Friday on South Bayshore Road, where a landlord was entering the apartment before the tenant's lease was up.
- A dog was found inside a parked car at the parking lot of Hogan's Bakery at 7:39 p.m. Friday. The vehicle with the dog was leaving as an officer arrived.
- A female employee of the Dollar General reported at 10:19 p.m. Friday a woman had been sitting in her car in the lot for 10 minutes. An officer spoke with the woman, who only pulled into the lot to use the phone.