- DAMASCUS - The public is invited to breakfast from 7 to 11 a.m. today at the Damascus United Methodist Church, 300 Valley Road. Cost is $5 for adults and $3 for children under 10.
- NORTH LIMA - An all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet will be available from 7 to 10 a.m. April 26 at the North Lima Mennonite Church. Items on the buffet include eggs, pancakes, french toast, sausage, potatoes, homemade rolls, sausage gravy and biscuits, peppers and mushrooms and beverages. For additional information call the church at 330-549-2333.
- FRANKLIN SQUARE - Franklin Square United Methodist Church will host a special children's program at 10 a.m. Easter Sunday.
The program will include a lesson about our Lord's glorious resurrection. An egg hunt follows. The public is invited to attend. A church service follow at 11 a.m. Pastor Steven Kenneally and his wife Jamie will lead the services.
- SALEM - The outdoor Easter sunrise service at the gazebo begins at 6:30 a.m. April 20 at the First United Methodist Church, 244 S. Broadway Ave. Those attending are asked to bring a chair. Breakfast follows. Services in the sanctuary start at 8:15 and 10:30 a.m.
- COLUMBIANA - The public is invited to a rummage sale from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 25 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 26 at the Zion Hill Church, 14550 New Buffalo Road. Lunch will be available.
- NORTH GEORGETOWN - Two North Georgetown churches, First Brethren at 27333 Main St. and Emmanuel Lutheran at 27485 Main St., have scheduled special services for Easter Sunday morning.
"Easter on Cemetery Hill" begins at 8:15 a.m. in the North Georgetown Cemetery, sponsored by both churches.
At 9:15 a.m., each congregation will host an Easter breakfast.
At 10:30 a.m., each congregation will conduct separate worship services. The service at Emmanuel Lutheran will feature a message by Pastor Jo Dietz.
At First Brethren, the theme will be "Faces in the Crowd." The service will feature several special numbers by the Celebration Choir. Chris Latham will present a Kid's Focus with the children. Pastor Ronald W. Waters will speak on the topic, "Almost In or All In?"
The public is welcome to all services. For more information, call First Brethren at 330-525-7169 or 330-525-0595 or Emmanuel Lutheran at 330-525-7700.
- YOUNGSTOWN - The Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry of the Catholic Diocese of Youngstown announces the recipients of the 2014 Eagle of the Cross Award. The Eagle of the Cross, created by the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry and introduced to the diocese in 1999, is given each year to a group of extraordinary high school juniors and seniors who model the dedication, integrity, values and promise for Church and society.
This year's recipients were chosen from 98 nominations that highlighted parish, school, and community involvement of the youths. A maximum of two Eagle of the Cross Awards are presented to students in each of the six diocesan Catholic high schools, and up to three involved in the parishes in each of the six counties of the diocese.
The following teens will be presented the 2014 Eagle of the Cross Award at the 16th annual Eagle of the Cross Awards Liturgy and Banquet on April 30 at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish, 343 Via Mount Carmel. Area recipients include: Alana M. Chronister and Joseph W. Mercer of East Liverpool High School, Holy Trinity; Elaina Zehentbauer, United Local High School, St. John the Evangelist; and Nicholas Crescimanno, Canfield High School, St. Michael.
The banquet is by invitation only, but the liturgy celebrated by the Most Reverend George V. Murry, S.J., Bishop of Youngstown, begins at 6 p.m. and is open to the public.
4WARREN - The Diocese of Youngstown has announced an open search for a new head boys basketball coach at John F. Kennedy Catholic School in Warren. Shawn Pompelia was not offered a contract as the boys basketball coach for the upcoming 2014-15 season because of differences in coaching philosophy. He served as head coach for the past three seasons and helped to rebuild the basketball program. For more information call 330-744-8451.
- SALEM - Special events are planned at the Calvary Baptist Church, 1779 Depot Road. Round-up day begins at 11 a.m. April 27; Friend night starts at 7 p.m. April 28; Grandparent's night begins at 7 p.m. April 29; and Fellowship night starts at 7 p.m. April 30.
Special music and presentations with power point and a children's program are planned when Wayne and Hattie Nelson and "Danny Boy" visit April 27-30. Services are slated at 10 and 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday, and at 7 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. A nursery is available. For transportation call 330-206-0619.