- Police responded to the 400 block of Continental Drive at 11:43 p.m. Friday for a report of a suspicious person walking around talking loudly on a cell phone. Police were unable to locate the person.
-At 10:52 p.m. Friday, police responded to the 200 block of W. Wilson Street for a report of a fight in progress. The complainant advised that two people involved went into a nearby home where police spoke to them. They stated they had an argument but nothing physical occurred.
-Police responded to a report of reckless driving at 4:55 p.m. in the S. Lincoln Avenue and Columbia Street area. A white box truck matching the vehicle description was followed and no violations observe. The driver did not appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
-A woman had flagged down a deputy sheriff at 6:22 p.m. Friday in the 700 block of E. State Street and advised she observed a man nearby whom she had a protection order against. A check found it was no longer valid and she was advised of the options.
-Police responded to the 600 block of E. 3rd Street at 6:35 p.m. Friday where the complainant advised of receiving threatening phone calls from an unknown person. An officer spoke to the complainant over the phone and he would not answer when asked what type of threat he received. The complainant told police to just forget it and hung up.
-Police responded to the 100 block of Benton Road at 7:24 p.m. Friday for a medical call and upon arrival fire department personnel advised the woman needed to be transported to the hospital but she had a young male juvenile on the scene who needed care. She did not wish to leave he child with another woman on the scene but wanted her child to be with her uncle. He responded and she was taken to the hospital.
- At 7:51 p.m. Friday, police responded to the 1100 block of Cleveland Street for a verbal dispute between a mother and her juvenile son. After speaking with officers both said there would not be any further problems.
- Police responded to the 2200 block of E. State Street at 8:59 p.m. Friday for possible fraud. A pharmacist advised a woman attempted to fill a prescription that appeared to be fraudulent. It was not filled and the information will be forwarded to the Columbiana County Drug Task Force.
- At 9:09 p.m. Friday, police responded to the 2100 block of E. State Street where a similar incident with the same woman was reported. Police were advised she returned to pick up the prescription but when she was told it would be a few more minutes she left without it and was gone when police arrived. The information will be forwarded to the Columbiana County Drug Task Force.
- Police responded to the 900 block of W. Wilson Street at 9:39 p.m. Friday for a verbal argument between a man and woman. He pushed her and left. No injuries were observed and the complainant was advised of the options. Police returned again at 10:30 p.m. and the complainant advised that a known female came and yelled at her and threw several items before leaving. Police spoke to the other woman and advised her not to return to the complainant's residence.
- Ron Brown reported at 9:28 a.m. Friday a Dodge truck was illegally parked on Union Street. A parking citation was issued to the truck for parking in a no-parking zone.
- Suspicious activity was reported on Terre Verde Road at 3:26 p.m. Friday as two men, wearing all black, were going door to door. The two men were with the Jehovah's Witnesses.
- A driver with Tennessee license plates was driving on state Route 344 at 3:32 p.m. Friday when he made an improper turn onto Columbiana-Lisbon Road and broke an air line as he dragged rocks onto the road. Geary's Towing towed the semi-truck.
- Susan White, Wind Rose Court, reported at 4:10 p.m. Friday someone she knew was using her bank card. The matter is under investigation.
- Charges were filed against the following for failure to pay the balance due on city income tax: Steven Bacha and Margaret Bacha, for 2010 and 2011; Bruce Trayes and Sherry Trayes, for 2010, 2011 and 2012. The following were charged with failing to file city income taxes: Lynda Vesy, Avon Lake, for 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012; Stephen May, Akron, for 2010, 2011 and 2012; Timothy Smiley for 2010, 2011 and 2012. Charges were filed against Colette Rupert for failure to pay balance due on city income tax for 2006, 2009 and 2012 as well as for failure to file city income taxes for 2010 and 2011.
- A man was reported going through a blue pickup truck at the old Paxon station on East Park Avenue at 8:11 p.m. Friday. The officer spoke with Richard Gorcheff, who owned the vehicle.
- A car was reported in a ditch on East Park Avenue at 8:49 p.m. Friday. The owner of the vehicle said AAA was on the way.
- Gunshots were reported at 12:55 a.m. Saturday near the area of North Cross Street and Pearl Street. Officers were unable to hear gunshots.
SALEM TOWNSHIP REPORTS
- Emily A. Potts, 26, North Ellsworth Road, Salem, reported at 5:10 p.m. Friday as she dropped off her child to the child's father, she was harassed by the mother of the child's father.
- A Cunningham Road resident reported at 11 p.m. Friday his neighbor's dog constantly barks at night and keeps him awake. An officer spoke to the neighbor and advised him of the township's dog barking ordinance.