- Police responded to a domestic disturbance at 4:29 p.m. Monday and found a dispute between a father and adult son that resulted in a shoving match in which a small glass window in a door was broken. No apparent injuries were noted. The father said he wanted the son to move out and the son agreed.
- A 600 block East Fourth Street resident reported at 6:02 p.m. Monday that someone overnight had taken a garbage receptacle from the rear of his home.
- Officers responded to a report of an open door at a vacant home in the 300 block of East Seventh Street at 7:39 p.m. Monday. They checked the interior but found everything in order.
- A man from a 2800 block East State Street business reported at 9:19 a.m. Tuesday someone paid with a counterfeit $100 bill over the weekend.
- Police responded to the 400 block of West Pershing Street at 11:02 a.m. Tuesday in reference to copper wire reported stolen in Springfield Township on Sunday. Officers spoke with workers and saw the truck that brought in copper.
- Vilma Nemeth, West Spruce Street, reported March 27 that $428 was taken from her bank account by two Internet sites.
- Floyd Smith, West Chestnut Street, reported April 1 his vehicle windshield was struck by a BB pellet.
- The security alarm went off at the county elections board at 6 p.m. March 27 and 5:33 p.m. April 3, but both times the building was found secure.
- The security alarm went off at East of Chicago at 5:16 a.m. April 4, which turned out to be delivery driver from Sofo Foods.
- Jay Farrow, West Lincoln Way, reported at 5:34 p.m. Sunday he wanted his brother to move out of the apartment, but Farrow was told he would need to go through a formal eviction process.
- Nancy LaRose, Edgewood Drive, reported at 1 a.m. Monday her CO2 detector was going off. Police notified the fire department.
- Crystal L. Marchianda, 30, Columbiana, was cited for fictitious registration following a traffic stop on South Main at 1 a.m. Monday. Her passenger, James L. Bricker, 27, Columbiana, was cited for open container.
- Someone reported at 12:47 p.m. Monday a stop sign near the swings in Fun Land in Firestone Park had been vandalized with a magic marker.
- A Beechwood Drive man reported at 7 p.m. Monday a woman was assaulting her grandparents at his neighbor's home. Alena Hodge, 18, of Columbiana, was arrested for domestic violence and taken to the county jail.
- Anthony Marchianda, West Salem Street, reported at 7 p.m. Monday he was receiving harassing phone calls from his ex-girlfriend's boyfriend.
- Someone reported at 8:32 p.m. Monday a child was being unruly at a home on South Middle Street.
- A woman reported at 8:59 p.m. Monday a dog was barking and sounded like it was in distress in a farmhouse in the area of Old Saybrook. Police checked the area but did not locate any barking dogs.
- Charges were filed Monday on the following for failure to pay city income tax: William Glaven of Columbiana, Alyce Fox of Columbiana, Dennis Quinn of Salem, Jason and Heather Patterson of Columbiana, and Tiffany Wuckovich of Columbiana.