=LISBON -The Lisbon Fire Department was busy Tuesday with two fires.
The first involved 60 round bales of hay on the property of Mark Markota, Fairmont Road, Elkrun Township, which was called in at 1:53 p.m. Chief David Lewton said Markota was burning brush when the wind began to blow, causing the fire to spread to the hay bales. Firefighters remained on the scene until about 8 p.m. trying to extinguish each of the bales.
Then at 9:19 p.m., a chimney fire was reported at the home of Mike Whitmer, state Route 517. Lewton said the cause of the fire was creosote buildup in the chimney, and the fire was contained to the chimney, which will have to be replaced.