Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

NEGLEY FIRE

February 28, 2014
Salem News

- Negley firefighters responded to a call at 46087 Walnut St. in Rogers at 2:26 p.m. Thursday. The resident, Sylvia Haupt, reported she was attempting to make pizza when her oven caught fire. Fire Chief Gary Banicki said she was pre-heating the oven and then discovered the oven light was not on, then lit the oven and the gas ignited. Firefighters arrived on scene at 2:32 p.m. to find the fire already out and the oven damaged. The fire did not spread to the rest of the mobile home owned by Haupt and no injuries were reported. Firefighters were back at the station at 2:59 p.m. Mutual aid was originally requested from the New Waterford and East Palestine departments but was canceled when Negley arrived to find the fire already out.

 
 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web