Area students earn dean's list at Heidelberg University
TIFFIN - Heidelberg University has recognized 346 students who have been named to the fall semester dean's list. According to Provost Dr. David Weininger, students must be enrolled full time and meet academic criteria set forth by the university to qualify for the dean's list. Area residents include:
- Lisbon: Bailey Seevers.
- Leetonia: Jacob Thompson.
- Minerva: Ethan Rodgers.
- Salem: Ryan Sarchet.
Weaver named to dean's list at Wilmington College
WILMINGTON -Melinda M. Weaver of Salineville was named to the Wilmington College dean's list for the 2013 fall semester.
Weaver, a senior with a 4.0 grade point average, is studying agriculture.
Consumers National Bank offering Unkefer Scholarship
MINERVA - Consumers National Bank announced Tuesday that its 2014 Homer Unkefer Agriculture Scholarship application is now available for students pursuing secondary education in an agricultural related profession. The scholarship is named in recognition of the late Homer Unkefer, a founder and director emeritus of Consumers National Bank and a life-long advocate for agriculture in Ohio.
The purpose of the Homer Unkefer Agriculture Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to students pursuing higher education which will prepare them for a career in agriculture. Applicants must be a high school senior attending a school in or residing in Carroll, Columbiana or Stark counties. Five awards in the amount of $1,000 each are based on the applicant's experience in agriculture, and must meet all of the educational eligibility requirements. Applications for 2014 must be received by Consumers National Bank by April 30. Scholarship applications can be obtained at any of Consumers' 12 locations and from guidance counselors at local high schools.
Area students on Ohio Wesleyan Univ. dean's list
DELAWARE - Ohio Wesleyan University has announced its 2013 fall semester dean's list.
To qualify for OWU dean's list recognition, students must achieve a grade point average of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale in all applicable classes.
Area students include:
- Alliance: Kaley Hoffman and Ryan Kaplan.
- Minerva: Jessica Stanik.
- Salem: Cierra Cresanto.
Local students earn dean's list at Eastern Gateway CC
STEUBENVILLE - More than 370 full-time students at Eastern Gateway Community College were named to the dean's list for the fall semester. These students attend full time and earned a grade point average of 3.5 or higher during the semester.
Area students by hometown include:
- Canfield: Nehaya Adel Ali, Christopher Scott Beitzel, Joshua M. Farran, Daniel Figueroa, Megan Mary MacLochlan, Trang Thi Thu Ong, John George Poullas, Victoria Jane Revak, Anushka Shrestha.
- Columbiana: Linda Marie Carbon, Jonathan Michael Kerchofer.
- East Liverpool: Cierra Justine Elizabeth Anderson, Anna Nicole Arcuragi, Kaleena Marie Crane, Sarah Elizabeth Guildoo, Jessica Lynn Hazlett, Taylar Elizabeth-Don Jordan, Dylan James Lovett, Mayah Bre McCuen, Joshua James Miller, Andrew Michael Modany, Gregory Allan Munoz, Jamie Lynn Starkey.
- East Palestine: Katherine Edith Wagner.
- Kensington: Pamela L. Martin.
- Leetonia: Bradley James McHugh, Ian Thomas Sevenich.
- Lisbon: Kevin Ferro, Magie Brooke Schafer.
- New Waterford: Luke Everett Nixon.
- Salineville: Mikaela Rose Bentley, Caroline Jean Hill.
Morelli achieves dean's list at Ohio Northern Univ.
ADA - Hanna Morelli, daughter of Anthony and Naomi Morelli of Homeworth, has been named to the Ohio Northern University deans' list for the fall semester 2013. She is a first year pharmacy major.
The deans' list includes students who attain a grade point average of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 grading system.
Gandee earns dean's list at Mansfield University
MANSFIELD, Pa. - Halie Gandee of Sebring has been named to the fall 2013 dean's list at Mansfield University.
To be named to the dean's list, a student must be attending the university full-time and attain at least a 3.5 grade point average for the semester.