- Police responded at 7:43 p.m. Sunday to a business on Depot Road at state Route 45 for a report of an open door, finding the door swinging back and forth from the wind. The inside of the business was checked, with nothing found disturbed. The door was secured.
- Angela Ciecerko, 35, of Parkway Boulevard, Alliance, was cited for failure to control after her eastbound vehicle traveled off of Chestnut Grove Road and struck a tree at 1:33 p.m. Sunday. No injuries were reported. The vehicle sustained minor damage and was driven from the scene.
- Police responded to a vehicle fire at 1:08 p.m. Sunday on state Route 45 at Georgetown Road. The fire was mostly out with smoke coming from the engine compartment. Township firefighters arrived and took care of the vehicle.
- Township police provided traffic control while assisting Salem police with an accident at the intersection of North Lincoln Avenue and Fifth Street at 12:34 p.m. Sunday. Salem firefighters also responded.
- Jacob McCullough, 28, of Aetna Street, was cited for license forfeiture suspension and expired registration after a traffic stop at 11:51 a.m. Saturday on state Route 344 at old state Route 558. The vehicle was towed from the scene.
- Police responded to the 1200 block of Depot Road at Salem Storage at 8:06 p.m. Friday in reference to locks cut off of storage units and replaced with different locks. Renters reported they came to get some items out of their units and there were different locks on them. The owner cut both locks off of the units and they discovered both units had multiple items stolen. The case is under investigation.
- An officer on patrol in the 1100 block of Pennsylvania Avenue at 6:54 a.m. Monday located a disabled vehicle with no occupants. The owner could not be located. A check of the vehicle was being made later, with the vehicle to be removed.
- An officer on patrol at 4:17 a.m. Monday in the 500 block of North Ellsworth Avenue saw an open door to a residence after a report from a newspaper carrier. The officer checked the residence and found the open door to be neglect by the homeowner.
- Joshua Stein, 38, of 36181 Butcher Road, was cited for a red light violation, marked lanes and operating a vehicle intoxicated after police made a traffic stop on Cunningham Road. Police at 12:59 a.m. Monday had been checking on a reported reckless operator on East State Street and attempted to stop the vehicle in the 1900 block, but the vehicle did not yield immediately until being stopped on Cunningham. The vehicle was towed from the scene.
- Police responded at 1:08 p.m. Sunday to the 700 block of Superior Avenue for a report of a man possibly needing medical attention. Family at the residence said the man needed a mental evaluation due to his recent actions. He voluntarily was transported to Salem Regional Medical Center by KLG Ambulance.
- An officer responded to Salem Regional Medical Center at 12:52 p.m. Sunday at the request of the Ohio State Highway Patrol and witnessed the reading of a form to a patient involved in a traffic crash.
- Patricia Grandolfo, 59, of Fifth Street, Beloit, was cited for assured clear distance, expired license and expired registration after her vehicle struck the rear of another vehicle on East State Street driven by Maria Rodriguez, 34, of West Perry Street, who had stopped at the intersection with South Lundy Avenue at 11:15 a.m. Sunday. The accident caused minor damage to the Rodriguez vehicle and no new damage to the Grandolfo vehicle, which had struck a deer three weeks ago. No injuries occurred.
GOSHEN POLICE DISTRICT
- Donald P. Hartman, 62, 33601 Teegarden Road, Lisbon, was arrested for operating a vehicle intoxicated following a traffic stop for failure to dim his high beams at 1:30 a.m. Dec. 22.
- Police responded to the Sharon Lynn Girls Home at 6:48 p.m. Dec. 22 for a report of a juvenile resident who had left the residence without permission. She was later found and returned to the home.
- Police responded to the Sharon Lynn Girls Home at 6:09 p.m. Dec. 25 for a report of a juvenile resident who had left the residence without permission. She was entered as a missing person.
- Police responded to a theft report in the 11000 block of Lisbon Road at 8:40 a.m. Dec. 26.
- Shane A. Alesi, 18, Rootstown, was cited for failure to control following a one-vehicle crash on state Route 14 near state Route 534 at 8:30 p.m. Dec. 26 in which he was northbound and allegedly swerved to miss an animal, losing control and striking a ditch. No injuries were reported.
- A Fairview Avenue, Beloit, resident reported at 4:12 p.m. Dec. 27 that another resident's dog had been coming onto her property. The dog's owner was warned to keep it on a leash.
- Dennis P. Mellish, 60, 306 E. Michigan Ave., Sebring, was cited for open container following a traffic stop for speed at 7:33 p.m. Dec. 27.
- A Main Street, Beloit, couple reported a man they know came to their residence using profanity and making threats at 2:28 a.m. Dec. 28.
- A Goshen Road resident reported at 3:25 p.m. Dec. 28 that her neighbor was playing loud music. She was advised that there was no noise ordinance.
- Police responded to an Oakwood Street home at 7:44 p.m. Dec. 28 where a man told officers he had attempted to de-cock his pistol at which time it discharged, striking him in the foot.