- A North Pearl Street resident reported at 12:14 a.m. Wednesday a suspicious man knocked on their door asking to come inside because he was cold.
- Someone reported at 4:39 a.m. Wednesday there was a suspicious vehicle in their grandfather's driveway. The caller's grandmother then reported Theresa Sauerwein was not to be at the home while her husband was in the hospital. Police went to the home and spoke with Sauerwein and her son David who lives there and neither were aware she was not to be there.
- A Blueberry Drive woman reported at 9:52 a.m. Wednesday a neighbor was locked out of their home. Police went to the home and found the door was not locked but frozen shut and helped the woman get inside.
- Police cited Michael Knight, Youngstown, for driving under suspension at 11:35 a.m. Wednesday during a traffic stop in the Taco Bell parking lot.
- Police were dispatched at 11:12 a.m. Thursday to the 500 block of Continental Drive for a medical issue with a man. He and his wife began arguing and medics requested an officer on scene. The woman took some belongings and left and the man declined to be transported to the hospital.
- A suspicious vehicle was reported at 8:08 a.m. Thursday in the 2400 block of Southeast Boulevard in the parking lot of a doctor's office. The caller said a man leaves the car there throughout the day and doesn't move it. They were advised they could have it towed. An officer contacted the vehicle owner who said he parked it there while babysitting across the street. He was told about the complaint and moved it.
- Charles Weyand Jr., 38, of 152 W. Pershing Street, was taken into custody at 6:39 a.m. Thursday at his home on an active warrant through the Sheriff's Office for theft and driving under suspension. He was released to a deputy and taken to the Columbiana County jail.
- Brandon Huff, 19, whose last known address was East Third Street, was charged with theft after police were called at 2:49 a.m. Thursday to Circle K West, 780 W. State St., where a clerk reported a person removed a bottle of vodka from the store without paying. An officer spoke to the person outside and he allegedly admitted to the theft.
- A suspicious person was reported at 10:01 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of East Fourth Street where a man reported an unknown male followed him on foot for several blocks. No one was found.
- A reckless driver was reported at 8:33 p.m. Wednesday in the 1700 block of East State Street, but no violations were observed by officers.
- A woman in the 400 block of South Lincoln Avenue reported at 8:23 p.m. Wednesday that she was receiving several harassing phone calls from a man she knows. She was told her options.
- A woman on Third Street called at 8:15 p.m. Wednesday to report ongoing harassment by a known male. The majority of the harassment was indirect, but she reported other people told her about threats of serious harm toward her and her family made by the man. An officer will follow up with the suspect.
- An anonymous caller at 7:57 p.m. Wednesday reported a dog left in a vehicle in a parking lot in the 1000 block of North Ellsworth Avenue, noting the vehicle was covered in snow and was there at least an hour. No vehicle description or specific location was provided. The only vehicle with a dog that police saw was an occupied mini van preparing to leave.
- A possible water line break was reported at 7:15 p.m. Wednesday on Merle Road. An officer found water running in the 1700 block and notified the water department.
- Police were called at 6:23 p.m. Wednesday to the 2800 block of East State Street to check for several people in dark clothing walking in the road. The caller said they were nearly struck by a vehicle. No one was found.
-An anonymous caller at 6:09 p.m. Wednesday asked to speak to an officer regarding possible narcotics trafficking. The information will be sent to the Columbiana County Drug Task Force.
- Debris was reported in the road at 5:43 p.m. Wednesday on South Ellsworth Avenue north of the railroad crossing. An officer located a wooden lamp in the southbound lane near Franklin that appeared to have fallen from a vehicle. The lamp was moved to the sidewalk and a note was left for the street department to pick it up.
- Shauna Simonds, 23, 106 Main St., Leetonia, was arrested on an active warrant out of the Columbiana County Sheriff's Office at 8:32 a.m. Dec. 27.
- An officer investigated a report of a theft in the 300 block of Columbia Street at 1:50 p.m. Dec. 28.
- Richard F. Hill, 49 Oak St., Leetonia, was cited for failure to control and driving under suspension following a two-vehicle crash in the area of Butcher Road and Sleepy Hollow at 12:27 p.m. Dec. 31.
- An officer responded to the 200 block of Main Street at 10:34 a.m. Jan. 3 in reference to yelling and screaming.
- An officer responded to a noise complaint in the 300 block of Waddell Street at 9:12 p.m. Jan. 3.
- An officer responded to a possible breaking and entering in the area of Hazel Street at 3:11 a.m. Jan. 4.