- Firefighters were called to state Route 14 at 12:46 a.m. Tuesday for a report of heavy smoke from the front rear axle on an R&L truck. Police stood by with the fire department.
- Firefighters were called to Prima Health Care on East Park Avenue at 4 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a sprinkler flooding a room. At 5:45 p.m. the department responded to a sprinkler alarm at the Dutch Village Inn on state Route 14.
- Firefighters responded to a residence in the 100 block of West Fourth Street after receiving a call at 3:12 p.m. Wednesday for a report of a possible hot water tank explosion. There was no fire, but firefighters found the tenant had burned food without realizing it. A broken water line was also found in the crawl space in the basement. The line was isolated and the water remained on to the rest of the residence. Police had also been called to the scene. A burnt piece of bread was found in the microwave.
- Firefighters responded to the 400 block of West Wilson Street for an alarm at a business at 12:02 p.m. Wednesday. Employees reported they were having alarm problems. Everything was okay on scene.
- Firefighters were called at 8:16 p.m. Tuesday to the 1200 block of Jennings Avenue for a carbon monoxide detector going off in a residence. A high reading was discovered in the residence and Columbia Gas was notified and responded. The problem was found to be the hot water tank not venting or burning right.