Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Facebook | Twitter | Home RSS
 
 
 

SALEM FIRE

October 22, 2013
Salem News

- Firefighters were called at 1:03 a.m. Monday to Salem Community Hospital by employees for an odor of smoke. The problem was found in the second floor administration hallway area where a faulty light ballast was smoking. Maintenance responded to unlock the electrical box and the breaker to the light was shut down.

- Firefighters responded to the Century House, 1171 E. State St., after receiving a call for an alarm. The dry sprinkler system tripped wet due to a faulty air compressor. The system was shut down and drained due to large amounts of water leaking from a drain onto the basement floor. The entire building was checked, with no other problem found. An employee was told to contact the sprinkler company to repair the sprinkler system.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web