HANOVERTON - United Local will hold its 2013 football homecoming Friday when the Golden Eagles host Southern Local.
Festivities, highlighted by the crownings of the king and queen, will begin at 6:30 p.m.
The student council is sponsoring the homecoming dance to be held from 8 to 11 p.m. Saturday at the high school. The theme is "Casino Night." Officers in charge are presidents Emma Paparodis and Colton Orr, vice presidents Cody Rohaley and Blaine Reiter, treasurer Bridgette Kelly and secretary Kaeleigh Louk. Student council advisor is Betty Whiteleather.
The United Local 2013 Homecoming Court includes, front, from left, Morgan Smallwood, Emma Paparodis, Kelsie Pierson, Mackenzie Gatchel, Allison Parks, Elaina Zehentbauer, Megan Amos; back, from left, Colton Bowen, Jaycie Watt, Eric Blosser, Blaine Reiter, Caleb Conser, Garrett Beech, Andrew Birk, Michael Martin, Zebediah Zehentbauer, Logan Daggy and Hayden Wilson. (Submitted photo)
The following are on the football homecoming court: Senior queen candidates are Makenzie Gatchel, Emma Paparodis, Allison Parks, Kelsie Pierson and Elaina Zehentbauer. Senior king candidates are Garrett Beech, Andrew Birk, Caleb Conser, Mike Martin and Blaine Reiter. Junior attendants are Morgan Smallwood and Eric Blosser. Sophomore attendants are Megan Amos, Logan Daggy, Hayden Wilson and Zebediah Zehentbauer. Freshman attendants are Jaycie Watt and Colton Bowen.
- Freshman attendant: Jaycie Watt, daughter of Dave and Jennifer Watt. Her activities include volleyball, Talon newspaper, yearbook staff and cheerleading. She will be escorted by Colton Bowen, son of Travis and Janette Bowen. His activities include football, hunting, weight lifting and freshman class president.
- Sophomore co- attendant: Megan Amos, daughter of Brad and Jill Amos. Her activities include soccer, basketball, Spanish Club, United 4-Her's 4-H Club and Winona Friends Church Youth Group. Megan will be escorted by Zebediah Zehentbauer, son of Rich and Jenny Zehentbauer. His activities include band, 4-H, soccer, Spanish club and student council.
- Sophomore co-attendant: Logan Daggy, daughter of Jeff and Tammy Daggy. Her activities include FCCLA, Spanish Club, varsity volleyball, J. O. volleyball and 4-H. She will be escorted by Hayden Wilson, son of Dwight and Roxanne Wilson. His activities include baseball, basketball, golf and Principal's Advisory Council.
- Junior attendant: Morgan Smallwood, daughter of Jim and Brenda Smallwood. Her activities include volleyball, basketball, softball, Ruriteens and Key Club. She will be escorted by Eric Blosser, son of Charles and Ronda Blosser. His activities are football, weightlifting and the U and Me mentoring program.
- Mackenzie Gatchel, daughter of Alan and Marie Gatchel. Her activities include Ruriteens, FCCLA, soccer, basketball and vice president of the 2014 senior class. She will be escorted by Garrett Beech. Garrett, son of Dave Beech and Trish Ecrement. His activities include Ruriteens, student council, captain of the football, baseball teams and Eagle Crazies.
- Emma Paparodis, daughter of Nick and Michelle Paparodis. Her activities include United 4-H Club, student council president, National Honor Society, ASL Club and Principal's Advisory Council. Her escort will be Andrew Birk, son of Bob and Bobbie Birk. His activities include baseball, football, and Ruriteens.
- Allison Parks, daughter of Rodney Parks and Joyce Harris. Her activities include National Honor Society, cross country captain, track, majorette and class of 2014 president. Her escort will be Caleb Conser, son of Ray and Lori Conser. His activities include football, basketball, Ruriteens, ASL Club and Eagle Crazies.
- Kelsie Pierson, daughter of Jason and Tricia Pierson. Her activities include volleyball, band, ASL Club, FCCLA and TV Studio. She will be escorted by Michael Martin, son of Bryan and Tina Martin. His activities include football, track, Ruriteens and 4-H.
- Elaina Zehentbauer, daughter of Rich and Jenny Zehentbauer. Her activities include cross country, band, National Honor Society, Ruriteens secretary and 4-H secretary. Her escort will be Blaine Reiter, son of Slade Reiter and Majorie Hedl. His activities include football, Ruriteens, National Honor Society and Principal's Advisory Council.