- A woman in the 500 block of Franklin Avenue came to the police station at 6:44 a.m. Tuesday to report a domestic with her live-in boyfriend, with the dispute verbal only. No physical violence was reported. She was told to cease contact until they can be civil and the officer planned to tell her boyfriend the same. At least three reports related to the couple had also been filed Monday at 7:15 p.m., 8:06 p.m. and 9:13 p.m. The two had a verbal dispute that she reported and he left before police arrived, then he talked to an officer behind the police station and said he had been locked out of his apartment by his girlfriend. An officer contacted the landlord who was going to unlock the door for him. The woman called police again for a report of suspicious person, telling officers when they arrived that she didn't know her boyfriend was trying to get in the residence with the landlord. She was told she cannot keep the boyfriend from going inside since he lives there. She let him in and officers told another male to leave the property after the property owner said he was not allowed to be there.
- A suspicious person was reported at 5:41 a.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of West State Street. Police found the person and spoke to him.
- A loud noise was reported at 11:36 p.m. Monday in the area of Ohio Avenue and East Pershing Street, but nothing was found.
- Police were called at 11:32 p.m. Monday for a medical problem in the 600 block of South Union Avenue where they spoke with a man who was voluntarily transported to Salem Community Hospital by ambulance.
- A suspicious vehicle was reported at 10:54 p.m. Monday in the 100 block of Vine Avenue. Officers learned the vehicle belonged to the owner of the business.
- Police were called at 10:46 p.m. Monday to the 1300 block of North Ellsworth Avenue to assist Perry Township Police on a traffic stop.
- An officer on patrol at 10 p.m. Monday saw a suspicious person in the 500 block of Prospect Street. The man said he was just on his way home for the evening.
- An intoxicated person was reported walking in the area of East Third Street and Vine Avenue at 8:57 p.m. Monday. Officers found the intoxicated female had made it to her son's residence.
- Police on patrol at 8:54 p.m. Monday in the 900 block of Salem Parkway saw people loading wooden pallets at a closed business. The owner of the vehicle said she had permission from the owner to remove some pallets and showed documentation from the business for the transaction.
- A juvenile in the 400 block of Franklin Avenue reported at 7:48 p.m. Monday that a group of juveniles was attempting to get into his residence. Officers spoke with the juveniles who said someone from the residence stole their hat, but they got it back. They were told to go back to their own residence and not enter other people's property.
- Melanie Sobek, 40, of 284 E. Fourth St., was taken into custody without incident at her residence for charges of soliciting and possession of criminal tools. She was taken to the Columbiana County jail. Police had been asked to go to her residence to assist Alliance Police with an investigation.
- A man in the 1300 block of South Lundy Avenue reported at 5:54 p.m. Monday that he saw a vehicle in his driveway and a male standing beside the vehicle. He yelled at the person and the vehicle took off with the four occupants yelling obscenities at him. The vehicle then went around the block and came past, driving through the driveway and throwing gravel around. He said it sounded like something was thrown against his door, but no damage could be found. The vehicle wasn't found either.
- Crystal Barcey, 37, of East Third Street, was injured and taken to Salem Community Hospital by KLG Ambulance after walking into the lane of traffic while crossing at the intersection of South Lincoln Avenue and Franklin Avenue and being struck by a vehicle driven by Colleen Robinson, 41, of Ohio Avenue, who was turning right from Franklin onto Lincoln at 5:46 p.m. Monday. No citations were issued.
- Police were called at 5:09 p.m. Monday to the 500 block of Walnut for one to be removed. An intoxicated male was not wanted at the residence and was given a ride home by a sober person.
- A juvenile problem was reported at 5:02 p.m. Monday in the 1100 block of Fairview Avenue where a woman was having problems with her juvenile daughter being unruly and not listening to household rules. An officer spoke to the juvenile and gave the woman options for dealing with the situation.
- An officer on patrol at 4:28 p.m. Monday was flagged down in the area of Centennial Park and told a suspicious male had been in the area earlier in the day. An attempt will be made to locate him.
- Police observed an adult female at 4:27 p.m. Monday who appeared to be intoxicated on the sidewalk on South Ellsworth Avenue near East Pershing Street. She said she was walking to Aetna Street. Due to her being intoxicated, she called for a sober ride and was taken home.
- Anita Croxton, of the 300 block of West Fourth Street, called at 3:45 p.m. Monday to report the theft of a laptop.
- A Duke and Duchess night clerk reported at 12:40 a.m. Monday a vehicle damaged pump no. 3 on Saturday by hitting the metal guard barrier and knocking it over.
- A woman reported at 6:52 a.m. Monday heavy smoke was in the laundromat on Windjammer Drive. The fire department was dispatched.
- A woman reported at 7:35 a.m. Monday a suspicious truck was parked along the south side of the Columbiana Manor apartment building.
- A man reported at 5 p.m. Monday someone from Just Energy was soliciting in Southern Terrace Park and being very rude. Police checked the area but did not see the person described.
- A woman reported at 6 p.m. Monday a vehicle accident had just occurred on state Route 164 north of Sparkle market. Police checked the area and found no accident. At 6:14 p.m. the Beaver Township Police Department advised they were handling a crash at state Route 164 and Renkenberger Road and requested police close the road to traffic while they handled the accident.
- Charles Churn, West Salem Street, reported at 7:36 p.m. Monday someone broke out the back window on his leased 2013 Chevy Malibu while it was parked at Columbiana Manor apartments.
- A woman reported at 10:18 p.m. Monday two men were acting suspicious at the library. Police found three people using the library's wireless Internet connection and were told to come back during better hours.
- A 10-day property maintenance letter was sent to Mary Beth McNeal Keller at West Park Avenue at 10:39 p.m. Monday.
- Police found the field side visitor's locker room door open in Firestone Park at 11:40 p.m. Monday. No other problems were found.
Constable Dan Valentine received a report from a resident in the 36000 block of Butcher Road, Salem, at 12:54 p.m. Thursday advising that a neighbor keeps driving past their house and yelling names at her children.
A resident in the 37000 block of state Route 558, Leetonia, advised Valentine at 2:19 p.m. Aug. 7 that someone wrote a check on a closed account. They have contacted the person several times but they have failed to make good on the check.