COLUMBIANA - Seven teachers were awarded continuing contracts and two field trips were approved for students during a brief meeting of the board of education Tuesday.
The regular meeting agenda featured several personnel items routinely presented this time each year, including a two-year agreement with the Jefferson County Educational Service Center for Internet-based educational delivery system for grades K-12.
The teachers awarded continuing contracts were Allison Moran, Colleen Campbell, Lauren Halverstadt, Jennifer Sant, Maria Pontikos, Patricia Missos and Greg Kibler.
The board also accepted the retirement resignation of Pam Kufleitner as aide, effective Aug. 16., and Kim VanKleeck as transportation coordinator, effective July 1.
The field trips approved were for eighth graders to New York City May 10-11 and the high school biology class will visit Lake Erie May 12-13.
Superintendent Don Mook announced the Columbiana Building Excellence Committee is now up to $4,000 in donations for bond issue advertising.
"The support has been fantastic. I think we've been doing a much better job this go-around getting the information out," he said.
The committee is in the process of purchasing more yard signs.
The board also approved:
- Supplemental contracts for five people for Camp Fitch.
- Contracts were non-renewed for seven long-term substitute teachers.
- Parental leave was approved for Doreen Holtz, teacher, through March 22, 2013.
- Katie Hawkins as substitute teacher and Tammy Coppock, Neely Jack and Casey Cusick were approved as substitute support staff.
- A student services contract with county Educational Service Center for the 2012-13 school year for Orientation Mobility at a rate of $62 per hour.
- Two people as Destination Imagination volunteers and Brian Dickens and Larry Stacey II as assistant baseball coach volunteers.