Winona Fire Department
WINONA - The Winona Volunteer Fire Department was kept hopping on Saturday with a dryer fire on Depot Road and then a brush fire on McCracken Road.
Fire Chief George Brantingham said a couple children called about the fire on McCracken Road, concerned it was going to get out of hand and threaten a nearby home. The fire, which was called in at 2:42 p.m. Saturday, burned between about 1.5 acres of property.
Earlier in the day, the fire department responded to a dryer fire on Depot Road, which was quickly handled when someone pulled the malfunctioning machine out of the house.
Brantingham said the department had been on four calls in less than 24 hours, including a head-on car crash on Depot Road on Friday night.