LISBON - Eric Scott Holsinger, a man accused of sexual acts with a 13-year-old boy in the bathroom of the Salem Memorial Building on Dec. 10 was among those indicted this week by the Columbiana County Common Pleas Court grand jury.
Holsinger, 51, no address listed, is charged with four counts of rape and two counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor. The charges all involve the same boy, who in two of the rape counts is noted as having an impaired mental or physical condition.
In total, the grand jury issued 22 indictments this week including 11 open indictments. The remaining 10 secret indictments will be released as they are served.
- Alex David Morgan Cook, 19, Crestview Road, New Waterford, is charged with theft, misuse of credit cards, receiving stolen property and five counts each of burglary and safecracking. According to court documents, Cook allegedly took a Discover card belonging to Dale Hill on Sept. 23 and used it in one or more transactions. Additionally in June through July last year, Cook allegedly broke into the homes of Dale Hill, Millrock Road, New Waterford on five separate occasions, forced his way into a vault, safe or strong box on the property during those times. Finally, Cook is accused of having possession of a stolen pickup belonging to Bobby Blair on Feb. 5.
- Brandie L. Shasteen, 34, East Seventh Street, Salem, is charged with two counts of theft and two counts of forgery. Shasteen is accused of writing two checks taken from the checkbook of Donna J. Shasteen last August.
- Jacob S. Lowther, 19, West Summit Lane, East Liverpool, is charged with vandalism. Court documents allege on Dec. 27, 2012, Lowther causes serious harm to cemetery markers valued at $150,000 or more.
- Nicholas Pearson, 18, Church Street, East Liverpool, is charged with vandalism. He is accused on Jan. 13 of causing harm to the Dairy Queen on West Eighth Street in East Liverpool, a property owned by Al and Buddy Gloeckner.
- Scott A. Chaffee, 19, College Street, East Liverpool, and James D. Heath, 20, Dyke Road, Rogers, are charged with breaking and entering. Court documents alleged on Jan. 6, Chaffee and Heath trespassed in the BP Unimart, Dresden Avenue, East Liverpool, with the purpose of committing a theft.
- Brooks Michael Cartwright, 31, Youngstown, is charged with failure to notify the sheriff about a change of address. According to court documents, Cartwright has a rape conviction in Tulsa County, Okla., from May 2002, but allegedly failed to notify the local sheriff's department of his change of address in December 2012.
- Francis E. Shriver, 36, address unknown, is charged with breaking and entering and criminal tools. Shriver allegedly trespassed into the J.H. Lease Drug Co., North Ellsworth Avenue, Salem, on Jan. 14 and reportedly was found with a hammer, flashlight, screwdriver, pry bar, hedge trimmers, gloves and a backpack at the time.
- Boyd W. Johnson, 50, Signal Road, Columbiana, is charged with two counts domestic violence for allegedly attempting to harm Heidi and Laci-Lee Tomalko, both household members on Jan. 14. According to court documents, Johnson has a previous domestic violence conviction from June 7, 2006.
- Christopher M. Hamrick, 29, Youngstown, is charged with receiving stolen property. Court documents alleged Hamrick on Jan. 24, had a dirt bike in his possession belonging to Ryan McCoy.