- Police responded to the railroad crossing on Newgarden Road at 7:18 a.m. where a tractor trailer driver was northbound and crossing the tracks when he heard an eastbound train but the gate had come down and he didn't know if it struck the tractor or the trailer.
Police were unable to tell about damage to the truck and took photos of the gate and advised Norfolk Southern.
- Police responded to the 500 block of E. 4th St. at 2:41 a.m. Saturday regarding tenants making noise while moving out and they were advised to keep the noise down.
- A resident in the 2000 block of E. 4th St. came on station at 4:03 p.m. Friday and may have been a victim of identity theft. The person was advised of the options.
- Police received a report of solicitors in the area of North Lincoln Ave. and E. 5th St. at 6:57 p.m. Friday and located them. They were advised of the proper procedure for soliciting.
- A red warning tag for a barking dog was left at a residence in the 1100 block of Cleveland St. at 8:08 p.m. Friday. There was no answer at the door and police could hear barking.
- Alex A. Bowling, 1659 Harrison Ave., Salem was arrested for drug paraphernalia at 8:35 p.m. Friday in the 1100 block of E. State St. after police received a complaint of a suspicious person loitering.
He was wearing dark clothing and a dark mask while hiding by a fence. While patting him down for a weapon police found drug paraphernalia which was taken to the station for evidence.
- Police responded to the 500 block of E. Pershing St. at 10:27 p.m. Friday and were advised that two known juveniles who were not allowed in the business were there. An officer advised them of the request that they leave and not return and they did.