- Police were called at 6:21 a.m. Thursday to the 1000 block of East Fourth Street for a possible domestic dispute. A woman reported she was missing $150 cash and said she was sleeping when she felt someone going through her pocket. When she woke up, her son was near her. Officers spoke to him and he denied the allegation. He permitted officers to check both his room and himself, but nothing was found.
- Police were called at 10:58 p.m. Wednesday to a Fisher Lane residence to check the interior and assure it was safe due to a previously reported break-in that occurred while the residents were away. Nobody was found inside. The resident said he would follow up with the officer who handled the original burglary complaint.
- A caller at 10:18 p.m. Wednesday reported a suspicious person at the post office in the 200 block of Penn Avenue. Officers located a woman collecting coupons from the trash cans. She was told to contact the postmaster and get permission.
- An anonymous caller at 6:33 p.m. Wednesday reported a possible impaired driver operating a vehicle southbound on North Lincoln Avenue entering the city limits. An officer responded and checked the area, but did not find the vehicle.
- Nicholas Bader, 33, of Metz Road, Columbiana, was cited for assured clear distance after his westbound vehicle struck the back of another westbound vehicle driven by Jessica Helman, 25, of East Fifth St., who had stopped for traffic on East State Street near Highland Avenue at 5:31 p.m. Wednesday. No injuries were reported.
- A man in the 100 block of Sharp Street called at 4:43 p.m. Wednesday to report receiving a suspicious text message from an unknown person. An officer was going to attempt to contact the other person with the number provided.
- Police were called at 3:54 p.m. Wednesday to remove a person from a property in the 400 block of Continental Drive where a woman said she wanted her guest to leave. Her guest requested a cab and left without incident.
- Brandon Seddon, 20, of Aetna Street, was cited for failure to yield after colliding with a vehicle driven by Angel Martin, 33, of South Broadway Avenue, in the intersection of Columbia Street and South Lundy Avenue. Seddon was traveling south on Lundy, stopped at the stop sign at Columbia and pulled into the intersection into the path of Martin's eastbound vehicle on Columbia, getting struck on the passenger side at 3:51 p.m. Wednesday. Martin was cited for no operator's license and her plates were seized on behalf of the registrar. No injuries were reported.
-A caller at 3:08 p.m. Wednesday reported a vehicle in the parking lot of Family Video, 120 N. Lincoln Ave., with people approaching and exchanging items. The vehicle was gone when officers arrived.
- A resident in the 1300 block of Benton Road reported at 6:31 p.m. Wednesday that someone stole an ATM card out of their vehicle at their residence.
- A resident in the 1100 block of Hampton Place provided police at 5:24 p.m. Wednesday with a set of keys and a key fob found on the road near their residence. The keys were taken to the township police station for safekeeping.
GOSHEN POLICE DISTRICT
- Daniel A. Watt, 29, 6175 W. Garfield Road, Salem, was cited for failure to control following a one-vehicle crash in Green Township at 4:14 a.m. Dec. 17 in which he was westbound on West Garfield Road approaching a curve near Lisbon Road and allegedly locked his brakes while attempting to stop for a deer in the roadway, traveling off the roadway and striking a guardrail before overturning. No injury was reported.
- Nona Fesby, 54, Cleveland, was cited for driving under suspension and failure to control following a one-vehicle crash in Goshen Township at 4:29 a.m. Dec. 17 in which she was southbound on state Route 45 and allegedly traveled off the right side of the roadway at Western Reserve Road, striking a sign and coming to rest in a ditch. No injury was reported.
- Roland C. Smith, 85, 10412 Pine Lake Road, Salem, was cited for failure to control following a one-vehicle crash in Green Township at 7:32 a.m. Dec. 17 in which he was westbound in the 10000 block of West Pine Lake Road and allegedly traveled off the north side of the roadway while attempting to avoid a deer in the road, striking a fence and a row of mailboxes. No injury was reported.
- James A. Monteleone, 45, 9230 state Route 45, Lisbon, was cited for failure to control following a one-vehicle crash in Green Township at 6:05 a.m. Dec. 22 in which he was northbound in the 12000 block of U.S. Route 62 when he allegedly traveled off the west side of the roadway. No injury was reported.
- Lois E. Wyss, 82, 13860 S. Main St., Beloit, was cited for assured clear distance ahead following a two-vehicle crash in Beloit at 10:11 a.m. Dec. 24 in which she was northbound near Mill Street and allegedly failed to stop for traffic at the railroad crossing, striking the rear of a vehicle driven by Gerald A. Mincks, 71, Salem. No injuries were reported.
- Ralph H. Clark, 66, 27234 Center Road, Beloit, was cited for failure to control following a two-vehicle crash in Green Township at 5:57 p.m. Dec. 26 in which he was westbound on state Route 14 east of Lisbon Road when he allegedly struck a stationary vehicle on the right side of a bend in the roadway. No injury was reported.
- Justin Tyler Campanelli, 16, 5540 Timberwood Trail, Canfield, was cited for failure to control following a one-vehicle crash in Green Township at 10:26 p.m. Dec. 27 in which he was southbound in the 10000 block of Washingtonville Road and allegedly lost control of his vehicle, traveling off the east side of the roadway into a ditch. No injury was reported.
- Levi D. Miller, 23, 12271 Lisbon Road, Canfield, was cited for failure to control following a one-vehicle crash in Goshen Township at 7:20 a.m. Dec. 29 in which he was southeastbound on state Route 14 and allegedly traveled off the west side of the roadway at Middletown Road into a ditch. No injury was reported.
- An East Woodland Avenue woman reported at 4 p.m. Wednesday someone was in her basement when she came home. Police searched the property and found no one.
- A woman reported at 4:20 p.m. Wednesday her cousin was in a domestic dispute with her 19-year-old daughter. Police went to the Manor Circle home and daughter agreed to leave after speaking with them.
- An East Park woman reported at 12:10 a.m. Wednesday her daughter was home alone and told her that she heard noises on the porch. Police spoke with the girl and found there were no problems.
- Police responded to a domestic dispute at the Circle K convenience store at 10:12 p.m. Wednesday. The domestic was between Tiffany Walls and Bruce Conkle, and Walls was arrested for domestic violence and possessing drug instruments.