- Eric M. Greathouse, 20, 808 E. Sixth St., Salem, was arrested on an active warrant out of the Columbiana County Sheriff's Office following an investigation into separate incident at his home.
- A 500 block Aetna Street resident reported at 9:15 p.m. Friday that someone between 1 a.m. and the time of the complaint had entered her and her boyfriend's vehicles parked in the driveway. She stated that nothing was missing from her vehicle, but the culprit had taken a camouflage bag containing $100 worth of tools from her boyfriend's.
- Police responded to an East State Street business at 9:53 p.m. Friday in reference to an assault. A clerk at the business stated that a man had walked in and requested assistance then left. Officers searched the area but were unable to locate the man. They returned to the business shortly after, though, after the man had returned to the business. The man told officers that he and his girlfriend had been in a dispute and that he wished them to talk to her. Both individuals were advised to get along.
- Officers responded to a 600 block Deming Street home at 10:18 p.m. Friday where the resident reported that someone between 5:45 and 10:10 p.m. that day had forced entry into the home and removed a television, damaging the door in the process.
- Officers responded to the 100 block of Washington Avenue at 10:54 p.m. Friday for a report of a disturbance and found a man yelling out an apartment window. He was advised to stop and to leave the apartment for a while if he was having problems with another resident.
- Police responded to Centennial Park at 1:40 a.m. Saturday for a report of possible drug dealing but were unable to locate any suspicious activity.
- Officers responded to a Franklin Avenue home at 1:41 a.m. Saturday for a report of a suspicious woman banging on the door. The woman was found to be the homeowner's girlfriend who was attempting to retrieve some personal belongings following an argument earlier in the day. She was advised to come back at a more appropriate time.
- An officer responded to an abandoned Columbia Street home at 8:38 a.m. Dec. 16 where juveniles were allegedly inside smashing things.
- An officer investigated a suspicious vehicle parked on Oak Street at 12:47 p.m. Dec. 17.
- An officer investigated a report of an unauthorized entry to an apartment in the 200 block of Main Street at 4:33 p.m. Dec. 21.
- An officer responded to a Pearl Street home at 12:48 p.m. Dec. 22 where the resident reported truck drivers from a neighboring business had been driving over his property to access a garage at the business.
- An officer responded to a report of vandalism in the 100 block of Main Street at 9:06 p.m. Dec. 22.
- An officer responded to a domestic dispute in the 100 block of Bears Den Road at 10:12 p.m. Wednesday.