LISBON - The December session of the Columbiana County grand jury issued 13 indictments this week, including six secret indictments.
Following is a list of the seven open indictments, which represent cases where the defendants were already charged in municipal court before being bound over for indictment:
- Terry L. Thomas, 46, of South Euclid, charged with marijuana possession following a traffic stop on state Route 11 in Madison Township on June 3. Ohio Highway Patrol troopers found a marijuana cigarette on Thomas and a pound of marijuana in the spare tire well.
- Brett J. Young, 25, Northwood Avenue, East Palestine, charged with possessing crack cocaine following a traffic stop by a state trooper on state Route 165 in Unithy Township on June 17.
- Glenn E. Collins III, 31, Haywood Street, East Liverpool, charged with possessing crack cocaine and identity fraud following a traffic stop by state troopers in St. Clair Township on July 8. A crack pipe with suspected crack residue was found in his vehicle, and Collins initially lied about his identity.
- Todd A. Potts, 43, of Dover, charged with failing to comply with a police order to halt following a high-speed chase that ended in East Liverpool on June 3. Potts was wanted in connection with the alleged abduction of his wife and her mother from Tuscarawas County when the chase ended in East Liverpool.
- Khaleb Y. Bonner, 22, of Youngstown, charged with carrying a concealed weapon and having a weapon despite a prior felony conviction. Bonner was found with a loaded .40-caliber Glock handgun following a traffic stop for speeding on state Route 11 in Fairfield Township on Oct. 17. Bonner was prohibited from possessing firearms based on drug trafficking convictions from several years ago.
- Ronald L. Briggs, 39, Norton Street, East Liverpool, charged with felony domestic violence since he had prior domestic violence convictions. Briggs reportedly went to his ex-girlfriend's home in East Liverpool and trashed it and cut up her furniture on Nov. 12.
- Damarlon M. Wise, 24, Garfield Street, East Liverpool, charged with carrying a concealed weapon and having a weapon despite a prior felony conviction. Wise was found by police with a loaded .38-caliber Colt handgun outside Joe's Bar in Wellsville on Nov. 17. Wise is prohibited from possessing any firearms because of a prior felony conviction for drug trafficking.