Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Facebook | Twitter | Home RSS
 
 
 

FIRE CALLS

November 28, 2012
Salem News

SALEM REPORT

- Firefighters called to a room filled with smoke in the 1300 block of South Lincoln Avenue at 5:13 p.m. Monday found a chair on fire in the living room of an apartment, with no cause determined. A smoke detector in the apartment failed to activate. The tenant said he arrived home to find smoke in the apartment and called for help. The chair was removed from the building and the area hosed down since the carpet was burning from the embers from the chair. Other apartments were checked and the thermal imaging camera was used to check for fire extension, with none found. The building was ventilated. The tenant told firefighters he had nothing plugged in around the area of the fire and that he was not smoking in the area, either. The building is owned by Snyder Company of Brecksville and had smoke damage. Damages to contents and the property were estimated at $7,500. The tenant had no renter insurance, but the building maintenance person said the building was insured. No injuries were reported.

LISBON REPORT

- The fire department responded to a transformer on fire two miles south of Lisbon on state Route 164 at 5:37 p.m. Friday.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web