Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

SALEM FIRE

November 3, 2012
Salem News

- Firefighters were called at 4:35 a.m. Thursday to the 600 block of Franklin Avenue by an upstairs apartment dweller in the 1000 block of Maple for smoke in the building. Light smoke was found in the entire building, with firefighters determining the smoke to be caused by a resident in the apartment on the Franklin side who started cooking spaghetti at 2:30 a.m. and fell asleep. The pot had melted down through the heating element of the stove and the spaghetti had burned. The stove was shut down and the pot removed to the outside curb lawn. All three apartments were ventilated, with firefighters leaving by 5:27 a.m. Thursday.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web