Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Facebook | Twitter | Home RSS


September 3, 2012
Salem News


- Police responded to the 2800 block of E. State St. at 4:03 p.m. Saturday after receiving an anonymous call of a domestic in progress inside a vehicle. Police were unable to locate the vehicle.

- Police responded to the 1400 block of E. 10th St. at 5:07 p.m. Saturday to check on a dog. The complainant advised the dog had been barking all day and was tangled around a swing. An officer attempted to contact the owner but no one was home. The officer then attempted to untangle the dog but it began to growl.

- Police responded to the 700 block of Arch St. at 7:59 p.m. Saturday where an adult man was in a verbal dispute with his parents over financial matters. Both sides were separated and and sent on the separate way to calm down.

- Police responded to the 100 block of Cunningham Road at 9:05 p.m. Saturday where a man was down and taken to the hospital.

- Police responded to the 400 block of S. Broadway Ave. at 10:22 p.m. Saturday where the business owner advised a man was requested to leave for the night. An officer forwarded the information to him and he agreed to leave.

- Police responded to 800 block of E. 4th St. at 2;34 p.m. Saturday where the complainant advised their vehicle was entered and several items were taken.

- A man and woman, co-workers in the 200 block of E. 2d St., advised police a 12:18 p.m. Saturday they had received 14 calls from the same number. An officer spoke to the person and he advised it was his digital phone calling on its own. He was advised to the situation of tying up the business phone and said he would correct the problem.

- Joshua S. Best, 610 Sharp Ave. was taken into custody at 11:09 a.m. Saturday on an outstanding warrant and turned over to sheriff deputies.

- Police responded to the 500 block of Continental Dr. at 10:18 a.m. Saturday and met a man who was the neighbor with a female resident. They advised that the male resident fiancee of the female was unresponsive and cold to the touch. He was taken to the hospital. An officer transported the girlfriend to the hospital.

- Police responded to the 200 block of E. 4th St. at 8:44 a.m. Saturday where the complainant said there were two strange men at her residence last night who she didn't know. In the morning her cell phone was missing and one of them may have taken it.


- A clerk at Smith Oil reported someone driving a blue Cavalier drove off without paying for $15 in gas at 7:16 p.m. Saturday.

- Leetonia police reported at 12:55 a.m. Sunday a Lisbon man named Kenny keeps calling and saying, "Kenny is good" and then "Kenny is not good." The dispatcher offered to call someone to get him help but he refused. A half hour later, the man called Leetonia police and told them "Kenny needs help now!" so two police officers and an ambulance were sent to the North Market Street address.

- Police responded to a reported fight in the Circle K parking lot at 2 a.m. Sunday. Police found Jonathan Bellanca lying in the parking lot, and he told them he had been at a bar downtown and they took his phone and ordered him leave. Bellanca was a bit hazy on the details, but a witness said he saw two people in Jeep Wrangler get out and assault Bellanca, who was taken by ambulance to the hospital.



I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web